Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Its My Birthday!

As I have mentioned in my other blog, today is my birthday.
 I have been pretty busy for the last few weeks, but have managed to paint up some units in between everything else.
 I must admit I did enjoy painting my first unit of mounted Perry renaissance plastics.
 The only down side was cutting them off their sprue. These are very good figures, and offer a great way to put together a renaissance army at a reasonable price. What I have done, is slip in the od metal command figure to give them a bit of weight.Anyway, the first unit of Borgia heavy cavalry........
 Italian heavy cavalry, was at a bit of a disadvantage when it faced the invading French Gendarmes, as they seemed to be lighter, and less well equipped, well that's what I have understood from my reading. They were still pretty effective though.  I hope.




 I also painted up a unit of Italian arquebusiers and a light gun. One can never have enough guns.



 The Italians are a mix of the later Foundry range, mixed with the odd conquistador figure.
 Finally, I had to get some of the old Hinchliffe Italian Wars range, as I have always loved this figure. I have painted them as an Italian light cavalry unit, which were actually pretty heavily armoured.


 Still a great figure even after all these years. A bit like me really. [ I wish ]
 So not bad considering my work commitments, because these were done in conjunction with the new units on my SYW blog. I need to put some pennants on the Hinchliffe figures, but That will have to wait.
 Anyway, onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.