Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Thursday 2 May 2013

Vulcan Gendarmes Circa 1980.

In my previous army of Cesare Borgia I had a 12 figure unit of gendarmes. These were my pride and joy, and I have always regretted that I sold them with everything else. The figures were by a Scottish company called Vulcan Miniatures, and they came out in 1980.
 The big selling point for them was they had interchangeable parts, with separate bards and heads. The heads were the best part in my opinion, as they all had wonderful plumes.
 The company needless to say disappeared after producing the gendarmes and a few pike men. All were good figures.
 Anyway whilst at Salute, my old war gaming opponent Jim Sweeney very kindly gave me a small box containing some of these Vulcan Gendarmes.
 That is the best part of war gaming, there is always someone hoarding figures you want, and is prepared to make a gift of them.
 Anyway, I have painted up the eight I was given. I can only apologise that I haven't based them yet, but I felt I had to add them to my blog.
 They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I have always liked these figures. The only problem now is to locate a further four to make up two squadrons of gendarmes. So if any wargamer who has a few more of these, I am willing to offer a fair price to complete the unit.


 Anyway thanks again Jim for the figures.

3 comments:

  1. Superb figures and you're right about the plumes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afternoon Joe,
    Thanks for that. By the way, I always thought god's country was Durham not Newcastle.
    Thanks Robbie

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.