Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Sunday 14 July 2013

The Papal Guard.

You can never have enough Household troops, like the Old Garde, one needs a colourful unit of men that stand about looking pretty. Hence my small Papal guard.
 Made up of Perry, TAG nad Pro Gloria, the unit probably never fought for Cesare, but it was just to good to miss. You cant beat a man in a dress, especially when he has a great big halberd near him.


I also had to have these wonderful Pro Gloria one pound arquebusiers. Expensive, but too good to not own
 John kindly painted the chap in green, and showed me how they should be assembled.

 Finally, I have completed my first unit of Foundry Gendarmes, which were a joy to paint, after I had cleaned up the flash. In a rush to photograph them I haven't finished flocking the unit, but they still look pretty menacing. My army is slowly growing and is getting to look like a proper army now.
 PETE'S FLAGS look particularly impressive, definitely the most accurate and best on the wargames scene.



4 comments:

  1. And very pretty they look too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like what you've done with the big guns mate and the gendarmes are very nice. You've given me food for thought with the Papal Guard, I'm going to have a unit of these but not settled on colours yet. keep up the good work and we'll get another game in when it gets a bit cooler if you're up for it?
    Jim.

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.