Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Monday 12 May 2014

Alive and kicking... just.

 Just to show any readers of my blogs that my demise has been greatly exaggerated I thought I had better publish some photographs of some of my latest painting. Over on my main blog I have posted some thoughts about wargames shows, but on this my sister blog I thought I would do something a bit lighter.
 And that is my love of Hinchliffe figures,these gendarmes witha few swopped Perry heads look great, honest. Peter Gilder was of his time but somehow created figures that to me are quite timeless.Its only my opinion but they were a delight to paint. Try some, theyre cheap.
 Shaun Lowery some months back brought John and my old Italian Wars armies to fight with. Included in the units was a large gun that I bought of Dave Thomas many years ago cast by Peter Gilder but never released for general sale, probably because Peter Gilder had plagarised someones elses gun.
 Shaun very kindly fished out an unpainted one and gave it to me. Its a brute but looks the part.
 Finally a couple of camp scenes from a now defunct Wargames Foundry range. Again I like them although they are so different from the Perry figures. So hopefully this is proof that I havent gone to the great caster in the skies, at least not yet.




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright Phil,
      They are a tad bright, and wait till you see my newly completed Italian heavy infantry, I think my medication got to me.
      Thanks Robbie.

      Delete
  2. Superb painting and great use of colour as always. Truly inspiring!
    Take care of yourself and a very speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.