Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Tuesday 7 October 2014

A Blast from the Past.

 Another good thing about the internet is the ability to buy old figures from long defunct ranges. I bought these VULCAN pikemen already painted, but I thought they should get a bit of a makeover.
Possibly not the best sculptured figures but they still have a charm, for me anyway.

 A Willie Renaissance commander, which is the self same figure as I bought from Tony Runkee. I do like the style of him though, so two are better than one.



 Another Willie set, this time the Landsnect punishment group.Willie are still a good range to buy from with some lovely figures after all these years.



6 comments:

  1. Nice work. Didn't Vulcan make extra fiddly gendarmes with separate horse armour? Mine always ended up looking more like camels after glueing them together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Vulcan brought out a small range of interchangeable Gendarmes. I am lucky enough to have eight of them. I would like twelve but I think thats not going to happen now.
      In the photograph of Peter Gilders gendarmes on my last post, two of the heads are Vulcan, and two of the front bards are also Vulcan.
      Thanks Robbie.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Willie can be like that, but they are very nice figures still.

      Delete
  3. I had a unit of Vulcan Gensdarmes and yes they were very fiddly - can't recall what happened to them - probably sold them to Derek Sharman .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping you were going to say that they were in your scrap box and you wanted to sell them to me for a couple of quid.
      Thanks Robbie.

      Delete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.