Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Some Light Cavalry.

One can never have enough light troops in the Renaissance period, Well that my justification for painting some more Stradiots. I found! these when I was looking for a suitable horse for a command figure. Anyway they will be a nice addition to the Venetian contingent that I seem to have created for my armies. I initially wanted to make these figures, 'dirty looking' but somehow they ended up as clean and sanitised as their compatriots. The figures are from the Perry range.


Some more re painted figures from the figures I bought from Rahul. These chaps are Mini Figs, with some Lamming horses thrown in. Before anyone says anything, I know they are Indian types, but as a unit of light Ottoman cavalry they look acceptable to me.They are a quaint figure which somehow appealed.



2 comments:

  1. They look great Robbie, fantastic colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Phil,
    My old wargaming opponent Jim Sweeny has some Stradiots that he had painted in a dark and dirty looking style. Initially I wanted to copy his style, but soon found that I couldnt do it. I dont know if its because I like a 'light and bright' technique or what, but basically I just chickened out. Still Im glad I painted them up anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.