Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Venetian Archers.

 Christmas was a busy time for me with my grandchildren descending on us, so wargaming naturally took a back seat. In between all my duties I managed to paint up a couple of figures including these Venetian archers.They had been sat in a box for well over a year and I nearly didnt bother painting them up. But the Perry twins do make some exceedingly good figures, so what the hell.
 I think its sometimes forgotten that the renaissance period is not just about pike and arqubusier units and did also include more exotic types such as these. Now if I can just crack off another unit of heavy cavalry before the New Year.



4 comments:

  1. Colorful and beautiful Venetian archers, and lovely banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding addition to your Renaissance project! I like the yellow/red combination very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always lovely work, glad this blog is getting attention again! Looking forward to the heavy cavalry!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic. I picked up a goodly number of nicely painted Italian wars figures off eBay for a song before xmas. Gendarmes types, stradiots, mounted arquebusiers, foot crossbow and arquebus and pikemen. I was thinking of flagging them as Venetians to fight my Ottomans.not as nice as your though but can they fight 😉

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.